By James Rogers
Read or Download A Descriptive Approach to Language-Theoretic Complexity (Studies in Logic, Language, and Information) PDF
Similar semantics books
Communique is, between different issues, concerning the learn of that means -- how humans exhibit principles for themselves and to each other of their day-by-day lives. Designed to shut the distance among what we can do as social actors and what we can describe as social analysts, this e-book introduces the language of semiotics -- a language that offers a number of the phrases priceless for dialogue of those conversation concerns.
Textual content global thought and Keats' Poetry applies advances in cognitive poetics and textual content global conception to 4 poems via the 19th century poet John Keats. It takes the prevailing textual content international thought as a place to begin and attracts on stylistics, literary idea, cognitive linguistics, cognitive psychology and dream theories to discover studying poems within the gentle in their emphasis on states of wish, dreaming and nightmares.
In his exploration of notice that means, Walter Hirtle examines an immense and arguable subject in lexical semantics: polysemy, the skill of phrases to take place a variety of diverse meanings while hired in numerous contexts. construction at the paintings of French linguist Gustave Guillaume, Making experience out of which means is a speaker-oriented examine that describes how audio system shape be aware that means and never, as in different theories, how listeners interpret the which means of what they listen.
This publication presents a close learn of Icelandic argument constitution alternations inside a syntactic idea of argument constitution. development on fresh theorizing in the Minimalist application and disbursed Morphology, the writer proposes that a lot of what's often attributed to syntax will be relegated to the interfaces, and adapts the overdue insertion thought of morphology to semantics.
- A Presuppositional Analysis of Specific Indefinites: Common Grounds as Structured Information States (Outstanding Dissertations in Linguistics)
- The Grammar of Knowledge: A Cross-Linguistic Typology (Explorations in Linguistic Typology)
- The Fine Structure of Polarity Sensitivity (Outstanding Dissertations in Linguistics)
- Darwinian Biolinguistics: Theory and History of a Naturalistic Philosophy of Language and Pragmatics (Perspectives in Pragmatics, Philosophy & Psychology)
- Language, Text and Context: Essays in stylistics: Volume 7 (RLE: Discourse Analysis)
- World Philology
Additional info for A Descriptive Approach to Language-Theoretic Complexity (Studies in Logic, Language, and Information)
A Descriptive Approach to Language-Theoretic Complexity (Studies in Logic, Language, and Information) by James Rogers